Saturday, May 19, 2012

Canon Powershot SX150 IS Review

I went out for a bit to a friend's for her birthday.
Last night, I also made her a little feather necklace
I traded pearls for feathers with a classmate awhile ago, and finally got to use them!


But let's slide on to what I wanted to talk about, I want to review my new camera!



There are several different Power Shot cameras by Canon. This one, though, is the Canon Powershot SX150 IS!
It was a deal for $170 after tax at Sam's Club, I definitely think it's a great price for such a great camera.

Figuring the Camera Out
★★★★★

When the camera came, I found it very easy to figure out how to use it. The ring around the Func Set actually rotates around to serve as a quick scroll in your menu along with quickly going through photos. The top of the camera also offers a switch to choose 10 different settings. As I first had it, I used only Auto, which helped, but options such as SCN offers things ranging from  fast moving animals/children and a fish eye effect to Fireworks.



Little moving puppy ' u '

Quality
★★★★★
I've spent my years blogging taking hundreds of photos at a time with my old POS camera.
It was ALWAYS grainy, unclear, and required a sometimes unattractive flash. But with this camera, I can choose flash or no flash because I want to, no because it's required. It offers an Image Stabilizer along with 12x optical zoom where the lens even stretches out *U*
This photo was taken about 14 feet away sitting on the couch using maximum zoom.
Accessories
★★★☆☆
Haha, alright. I'll just hold a tiny grudge here. The camera only came with a strap along with a cable, I really wish I came with a stand like my old camera had. Seriously, just throwing in a dinky little plastic one would have been fantastic! A case would have been nice also, but that's fine now sense my sister found a very cute and soft alternative

Overall
★★★★★
I love the camera! if you're looking for something that is for a good price and just for something like blogging and trips, this is definitely a great camera. It's easy to get used to, and you'll find yourself very addicted to taking pictures and exploring the Canon Powershot SX150 IS  more!

I hope this helped! It's a great graduation gift or upgrade to older cameras.
Everytime I go to Sams Club they always get quickly sold out!

-Rei

No comments:

Post a Comment