Saturday, April 9, 2011

acrylic recovery: An easy how to

There's always a point in time where I decide if I want to get a fill or take my nails off
I decided that I have more Spring cleaning to do and I want to also start on some deco projects, so getting a fill wasn't the best choice.
I hope to save up alot of money for the summer!

 So with that, I took them off, haha.
One thing I really hate is once they're off, your nails are brittle, flaky, and uneven.
I'll share with you the methods I use to keep them bearable! <3
NOTE: I am no nail expert, these tips come from personal methods that work for me.
If you are in need of help, always read many tutorials/tips until you find the best one!




Helpful Things you may use
-Nail clippers- Do yourself a favor and don't bother trying to keep it a long length like mine were in the before. when you hit it against something, or hold anything the wrong way, it may hurt. It bends super easily and breaks like nothing. Don't bother with it and just cut your nails short.
-Nails file- file away top flakes and shape.
-Brush on nail glue/ nail strengthening coat/ clear coat nail polish- fill in acrylic imperfections and make nails stronger.Nail glue is fine, just be careful with drying!~
-Nail buff-smooth out nails, don't be too harsh, and only do it as much as needed.
-A nail technician-  cbghjsgh sorry I didn't know how put it any other way. If you have extra cash, Just go and get them taken off at a nail salon. It runs for about 5-10, and be very honest with if they are buffing your nail too much with their little drill. :C After acrylic your nails are very sensitive, no need in discomforting yourself!


Things to avoid
-Using your nails to remove flaked layers-Ahhhh when I see people doing this...Don't! you never know if you rip one off and it drags along for longer than you thought and now you have more dents that hurt :C
-Keeping them long until the arylic impression is fully grown out- No other way to put this other than "bend and snap!"
-Keeping your nails unfilled after they are lifting- BIG NO NO!! Make sure to get a fill once your nails begin to lift, water can get under them and bacteria grows.


Most of all, just take good care of your nails. I get nagged alot about having fake nails by family or people who think it's any of their business on what I do with my nails, just take care of your nails and it won't be an issue.


I get any questions on my nails, maybe I'll make a hefty Q&A for it including tips on getting cute nails at any salon !~

Until Next time,
Rei



No comments:

Post a Comment